Finished my game

May 4, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that my SilverLight game 'HyperDodge SpaceStuff' is now finished. It's a mouse controlled action game. You can give it a shot at SilverArcade:

http://www.silverarcade.com/games/keeweed/hyperdodge-spacestuff

Cheers,
Jordin

May 9, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Good job Jordin!

I really enjoyed that. I like the parallax stars, nice touch. I eventually caught on to the delayed recharge on the laser cannon and how that forces the player to maneuver instead of just constantly shooting. One recommendation, I was thinking that the right mouse button could be used for a shield that drains when employed then recharges slowly. That way the games will last a little longer and will add more complexity to the player's strategy. Also, perhaps add a variety of meteor textures to mix things up a bit. If using the shield idea you could add something like dilithium crystals that when you run over them restores your shields to full. These can be hidden inside meteors so occasionally when you blast a meteor a crystal appears in the debris. This adds something else for the player to think about.

Well Done!

May 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hey Phenotype, thanks alot for your review! Very glad you liked it.

I like the shield idea and agree with you about the textures of the rocks. There are lot's of things that could be added to the game. I don't know if I ever get to it again, though. Got so many other ideas for games ;-)

Thanks!