WP7 SilverSprite

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM
Hello, I'm a Windows Phone developer who needed to use SilverSprite. I wanted to say that I have modified the source code to be able to run most of the SilverSprite functionallity on WP7 (excepting SpriteBatch color tint, and some Content loading functions that I dont need), so if it is useful for someone in any way, I can share the VS2010 for WP7 projects with you.
Jul 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM
If you look at the source, there is already a SilverArcade.SilverSprite.Core.Phone.sln solution file which was added in a relatively recent (not as recent as 2 days ago). I remember Bill talking about WP7 on twitter so it looks like he's at least starting to head down that path. The solution files show that it is in fact using VS 2010 now so you kind of did that for nothing. I'd be interested in knowing what you changed probably, but I've not used the project as of yet so I don't know if what you've done would be beneficial to myself or Bill directly. I doubt he's fleshed out everything for WP7 but I may be wrong.
Jul 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Yes, there is a project for WP7 but it's just the SilverSprite game loop, and no more. The other solution (the big one) source code doesn't work on WP7 (at least on the last beta release of WP7 SDK) because of different things like tint Effect, using reflection to get Content assemblies, and some ambiguities between classes like Color and some others. What I did is to remove those features that wont work on WP7 anymore, fix ambiguities, and make everything run. Maybe it's not well done because I did many small changes without much care, but well, most of SilverSprite features (Canvas drawing, Texture and SpriteFont loading, ...) are working well for me on WP7 emulator, so I you want to take a look, I can share it with you.