Exists in both

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Hello,

i'm trying as everyone here get it working :) Can you help me with this one?

Error 1 The type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game' exists in both 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v4.0\References\Windows\x86\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll' and 'C:\Users\Jakub Holovsky\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Vzduchoplavec_XNA_Silverlight\Vzduchoplavec_XNA\SilverSprite3_Alpha2\SilverArcade.SilverSprite.dll' C:\Users\Jakub Holovsky\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Vzduchoplavec_XNA_Silverlight\Vzduchoplavec_XNA\Vzduchoplavec_XNA\Main_Game.cs 15 54 Vzduchoplavec_XNA

should i delete some "using"?

also when i try to create user control, what does "  x:Name="game" " mean?

<game:Game1 x:Name="game"/>

Should i create the user control within the project? or should i make a new project and then add there the classes?

Thank you

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Hi,

Not sure if I can help but I know how frustrating it is when no one answers.

First   x:Name="game"  game refers to your game class name. I believe this is game1 if you have not changed it.

I would also check your references.

What I did was to create a new project and then copy my classes and content into it as per Bill's instructions. I find that when I try to use anyone else's projects I get all kinds of reference problems.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lionel

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Hello,

thank you for your help, im gonna try to do a new project and copy it there, thanks.