I need someone(s) to take over SilverSprite

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM

As you've probably seen in other discussions and based on the lack of activity from a development standpoint on SilverSprite this is not a project I am currently passionate about supporting. This is for many reasons, but the main reason is that I don't see myself creating any Silverlight based games in the future. Much of this has to do with Microsoft's lack of interest in Silverlight, and the fact that Silverlight 5 is crippled from a hardware acceleration standpoint because of what a user has to do to enable it.

I also hadn't seen much activity so it wasn't clear to me if anyone else cared either, and so I was thinking that I was happy that SilverSprite gave birth to MonoGame, inspired project ExEn, etc and that it had a good run, but had lived out its usefulness.

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen a resurgence of interest and so it seems like some people do still care about this project so I would like to offer the opportunity if anyone is interested to take over the project and become its coordinator and run with it.

I would love to see this project live on, but if this doesn't happen then I see this project still being available in its current form but that no more development or support will be done on it.