Anyone interested in a WPF version?

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2009 at 12:39 AM
It probably wouldn't be that hard, and it might be useful if you want to create a level editor using your XNA code that has buttons, file handling, etc. done by WPF. It would also probably perform pretty well. Let me know if you would use this.
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:01 AM
I'm definately interested in a WPF version.  I'm mainly interested in offline 2D casual games (but not offline Silverlight) so WPF performance is more than adequate, and the XNA programming model would be perfect.
May 8, 2009 at 6:16 PM

So here's my two cents. My game(s) are xna games that are actually hosted in windows forms. I successfully used your tool to port them to silverlight. My reason for wanting to get out of the windows forms is because I decided I didn't want to make someone install XNA. This is actually a quite common thing that comes up(ie how to host xna in windows app)  So are you proposing that I could have the best of both worlds. Hosted in a windows app(WPF) and the user does NOT have to install XNA?

Coordinator
May 10, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Yes I thought of that use later, my original thought was for things like level editors but I could see how it could make it easier for you to get your game going on Windows in general. At first it would probably be a straight port of the Silverlight functionality but I'm thinking I'd want to try to be able to support the gamepad in WPF if possible as well. Also render targets should be possible.

Anyway I do plan on porting it to WPF when I get the chance. The effort involved is fairly minimal so if anyone gets a use out of it, it will be worthwhile.