Planning a release for early next week, anything really painful?

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:20 PM
This weekend we're going to go through and clean up a bunch of little things, but is there anything you REALLY need that's missing right now that might not take too long to get in there?

Bill
Apr 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM
When we add Components to Game.Components in an Update method(other than Game.Update), we got an exception (foreach/collection changed). And if we add it in the Game.Update method (just before the base.Update) the Initialize method of the DrawableGameComponent class is not called.

The Refresh method in the GameComponentCollection class. And it seems the DrawOrder doesn't work at all (I think its linked with the Refresh method).

And the last : is it possible to have more Draw method?
Some of them are missing and it's a little bit annoying.

I don't know if it's REALLY needed, but this give my some pain to port a XNA game.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback. A lot of these are already listed in our issue tracker, we'll get to as many as we can.

Bill
Apr 3, 2009 at 7:54 AM
Are you planning to target Silverlight v3 or will you be waiting for it to come out of beta?  I really like the OOB functionality.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM
I hadn't thought about a Silverlight 3 version at this point, there are a lot of things in Silverlight 3 I'm looking forward to taking advantage of, but it should be simple to get a Silverlight 3 version working with the current functionality. I'll try to add a Silverlight 3 aolution and project files to the next release as well as the binary assemblies.

Thanks,
Bill
Apr 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Hi,

If you want, I wrote some code for Game.Update (for the collection changed exception) and for the Game.Update method (use the DrawOrder). The code for the DrawOrder is not very optimised, it should be moved in the Game class for that.

About Silverlight 3, I think the best is to focus on Silverlight 2 for the moment, and having all the stuff working, before working in another version.
Apr 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Other than each draw color allocating a whole lot of memory, I think the biggest issues are with the sound implementation.

Can't wait for a new release! I've started to use SilverSprite as my main technology for my games and it is really great. Wonderful job!