Suggestion: SilverSprite Extensions?

Developer
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Hi

I just saw that vchelaru just made a checin with this comment:

"Added GraphicsBatch for rendering Sprites. This will be the first class that extends the XNA framework with extra Silverlight-only functionality."

It made me think, wouldn't it be a good idea to create a new project (Silverlight Class Lib) called "SilverSprite Extensions" or similar, that included all this "extra" silverlight specific functionallity? A way to do it were to only make extension methods in this new project, so that you can have all the normal 1-to-1 conversion of XNA to Silverlight (SilverSprite) and then if you needed more features for you particular game, you could include this "SilverSprite Extensions" project and then you would have access to all this Silverlight specific stuff?

I haven't looked at vchelaru changes at all, not sure it actually could be made as extension methods, but it might be worth considering?

Let me know what you think :)

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Yeah we're trying to figure this out, we want to be able to provide other features so that you can use the XNA style of game programming but also take advntage of some things unique to Silverlight. I agree we want to keep it separate, we were thinking of just a separate class for now, but we could explore a separate assembly.