New to Silverlight

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hi.

I need some opinion.

I'm new to Silverlight but I know the basics of XNA, like updating and drawing sprites.

I'm starting to develop an online game in Silverlight and want to know if it will be easier if I learn more about drawing in Silverlight XAML or if I use Silversprite.

Another thing: with Silversprite it is possible to download sprites (png files) on demand? (Because I'm plannig to do a game with lot of resources...)

Thanks.

EDIT:

Just one more thing: I'm going to make the game to run only in Silverlight, so the best would be using Silversprite Lite? Do Silversprite Lite have the same functionality than Silversprite?

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Sorry for anoying...

But I researched a little and I've see that the best choice for me is to use SilverSprite. :D

If I use only Silverlight I will have to make all the loop and drawing logic (this is ready in SilverSprite).

I've thought to use only SilverSprite Lite, but needed to make the drawing too...

About performance, I think that there's no much difference, since I was going to draw in a Silverlight Canvas anyway (the Game class is a Canvas).