Drawing Primitives in SilverSprite?

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Has anyone created a solution for drawing primitives in SilverSprite? Everytime I think I have it implemented correctly it works in XNA and not SilverSprite. I am looking for an easy framework for drawing lines, and basic shapes. I would also really like to be able to draw a curved line but I realize that might require some extra development on my part.

There are a lot of great primitives frameworks for XNA but all those I have found don't run in SilverSprite for one reason or another.

May 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I'm interested in that as well... is anyone else doing it?

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM

The xna frameworks are compiled against a different version fo the .NET framework than silverlight. Silverlight can only import Silverlight class libraries which are built apon a more limited set of the .NET framework. SO importing the assemblies of those primitive libraries in silverlight won't work, unless you recompile them yourself (after some modifications probably).

I do not knwo if this solution applies to your problem, but vanilla silverlight actually has some pretty decent primitive drawing functions, however this is not the best for integration with the game control, since the only thing you can do is draw on top of it afaik. If someone knows of a decent manner to integrate silverlight controls inside the game control, do tell.