Creating website for silversprite game

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully someone will answer :D

I've never made a website and I don't know a lick about html.

What I would like to do, is create my own website and host my silversprite game on the website. Basically, I want it to look like the SilverArcade website: you can open the site, choose a game and click on it, the game opens and you start playing it.

Can anyone provide insight on how to create a site exactly like SilverArcade, which hosting service to use, and what type of coding is involved?

I'd like to make a professional site and am offering payment to anyone who would like to help :)

Thanks in advance!

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM

As you're looking into Silversprite, I assume you know your way around the XNA Framework and C#.  Given that prior knowledge, the easiest way to set up a site would be using ASP.NET, with some hosting that ideally supports .NET 3.5.  In my experience, web development is a bit fiddly compared to Winforms, but a lot of the concepts are interchangeable.  Good luck.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM
I suggest you hit up a site like w3schools and start with the html tutorial. You shouldn't need anything other than html and maybe a little css to make a decent site that looks like silverarcade. Since both languages are quite easy, it should take any programmer with previous experience in another language less than an hour to learn anything you need to know.