Is there a Conversion Tutorial

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Hello,

I have been developing with XNA for almost a year now, and I have a completed game that I am trying to convert. I have tried several times, and while I follow each step of the basic tutorial on the home page, it never works.

Most currently, I am getting errors where I call any .Net 3.5 dll's. Including System.Drawing and System.Data. Is this a known Issue?

I also can't call basic things like Game.Run(), KeyBoardGetState(with 1 constructor), Stopwatch, GameTime(with two constructors). Are these also known issues?

If I muddle through the code, and remove all references, and make is so there are no errors, it still doesn't work. I get an "XamlParseException" when I try to run the game. Paramters name: input. Says it can't be null, which probably has to do with the Run not working.

Also, is there something more like a step-by-step tutorial. Maybe I am doing something wrong, and a more detailed tutorial can point me at my mistake.

Thank you,

- Yongil

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I have this problem too.

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Silversprite is not a complete remake of XNA; in fact, many things are not implemented or supported. You'll have to go through your code and change some of the constructors around if they aren't implemented by silversprite (like Texture2DFromFile).

If you have an XAML parser error, post your code and let's see what it looks like. The "Home Page" should have a perfect example for your MainPage.xaml.

Jun 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM
Maybe, you can make a step by step tutorial, and take a link with the source code in your post? Thanks!