Checked in new namespaces, more

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Major checkin, a lot of cleanup. There's a good chance I broke some stuff, so please try out the latet from the Source Code tab.

1. All namespaces for XNA classes/struct are now Microsoft.Xna.Framework.

2. Fareer physics assembly project added, uses the SilverSprite version of the XNA framework. Removed all of the USE_FARSEER #if conditionals from the code.

3. New samples. Took a couple of XNA samples/starter kits and ported them to SilverSprite, they don't work 100% yet.

4. Fixed Texture2D GetData() (I think) please try it out.

5. Split out a SilverArcade.SilverSprite.Core assembly to have the non-graphics, non-content related part of the XNA framework since these are useful to Silverlight game devs who don't want to use the XNA style of drawing/loading content.

6. Other cleanup, including fixes to ContentManager.

7. Implemented some missing methods in the Matrix struct.

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hi Bill,

I got a chance to a look at the latest build (43988).  My code's now a bit cleaner thanks to the new namespaces.

The writeablebitmap alpha issue is not quite resolved.  There is an improvement in that the start screen, "Click to Activate" is visible again.  However, everything now goes White when pausing the game using the Escape key (oddly enough, rescaling the game resets the effect).  Again, this only occurs when the backbuffer uses bitmap rendering (i.e. Medium & High quality).

I've moved the test build here (to recreate the issue):  http://www.clarvalon.com/XAGE/games/Awakener/TEST/

I'm not yet able to test GetData() as the version I use is not yet implemented - GetData<T>(int level, Rectangle? rect, T[] data, int startIndex, int elementCount) 

Cheers,

Dan

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I made some fixes last night to alpha/multiple spritebatch/etc did you get those as well?

Bill

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Yep, I made sure I had the latest build.  I forgot to mention that I encountered a small issue with GetTexture() in WriteableBitmapRenderer.cs.  The line:

if (_renderBmp == null && (_renderBmp.PixelWidth != Root.Width || _renderBmp.PixelHeight != Root.Height))

... causes a null exception error as it is checking  that renderBmp is both null and it's properties have values.  I wondered whether it should be something like:
if (_renderBmp == null || (_renderBmp != null && (_renderBmp.PixelWidth != Root.Width || _renderBmp.PixelHeight != Root.Height)))